Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2019

May 2019

As usual, I am just making the post deadline, lol.  I've got one more recipe to make tonight but, luckily, it's super easy!!
So here's what May was all about:

Creamy mushrooms and eggs.  Good thing we like mushrooms!  Toasted brioche (bought, Aldi's, French made) with a wild mushroom mix sauteed in lots of butter (did you expect anything less from a french cook?) with soft set eggs atop.  Wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  We had it for Sunday brunch.


Next was Coupetade!  Fancy name for fancy french toast.  I loved how this came out.  The brioche was dipped in an egg and cream combo and then fried in butter.  Then baked with an vanilla custard!  Topped with strawberries and whipped cream.  Highly recommend!



















For the 'free selection' for May, I skipped......life is always busy, you know....

Asparagus soup - Reading the recipe had me procrastinating to the last possible day to make this.  Sorry Dorie but I had to go my own way on this one.  What were you thinking when you created this recipe???  I took a bunch of fresh Jersey asparagus, cut off the tough ends and cut into 1.5 inch pieces and put into a large heavy bottomed saucepan along with 1 white onion diced, 1 shallot diced, fresh sea salt and black pepper and 1/3 stick of butter.  This was cooked until translucent onions and softer asparagus.  I added nearly a quart of organic chicken broth and let it simmer some more.  Next I took my immersion blender and gave it a go a few times until I could see it thicken but still have pieces of asparagus.  Into a bowl with a large dollop of sour cream and a fresh grind of black pepper on top.
It was delish!!!

Anne LeBlanc's Pistachio & Avocado - I could not find pistachio oil in the time I needed to get it.  I looked online at Trader Joes, Wegmans, Sur la Table, no luck....so I decided to use my Wegman's Pumpkin seed oil as a substitute.  I am whipping this up tonight so my pic of this may come in late.

And here it is:
had a bad corner that had to be trimmed off
delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment