Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Peach Melba 8/23/12

I cooked up this dessert using local Jersey peaches which are wonderful this year.  Added the vanilla ice cream, raspberries, whipped cream, and a dash of cinnamon as I didn't have any almonds in the house.  Of course it was delicious but I don't know that I would go through this cooking and prep process again.  I could of easily cut the peaches, popped them into a bowl and I think it would taste near the same and done in a few minutes instead of the 45 it took....too much time and effort on a summer night.



6 comments:

  1. I think that was the nice thing about this dessert - it could go "simple" or "complex" and still be wonderful!
    Your desserts look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I like what Cher said, simple or complex, this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't this perfect for ripe local peaches? So tasty they barely need anything added to make an elegant dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh Jersey peaches…the best! Yours looks very pretty …glad you enjoyed it! My peaches were not so ripe, putting them in the poaching syrup gave them a nice flavor and softness! I like that you added cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! despite not feeling like it was worth the poaching efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how this would be too much work on a warm evening, but then you could put together the same thing with fresh sliced peaches for something just as delicious. I did love the flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete